Translation of vicious in Spanish:
- 1.1 (savage, violent) he has a vicious temperthere's a vicious streak in himtiene muy mal geniotheir home-made vodka is pretty vicious stufftiene una veta violentahacen un vodka que es un veneno [colloquial] [humorous]Example sentences1.2 (malicious)
(gossip/rumor)she was very vicious about Johna vicious smear campaignse ensañó con Johnhe has a vicious tongueuna despiadada campaña de difamacióntiene una lengua viperinaExample sentences1.3 (depraved) [literary]
- It seems I am now safely in my home, far from the menacing arms of the vicious beast which drove me from the wild!
- Bloodstained snow, heavy cloaks, blackened eyes, Indian rites, puritanical fire and brimstone and the ominous howl of vicious wolf beasts.
- I would like to warn cat owners about a vicious dog in the Long Ditton area.
- This was a cowardly, savage and vicious attack on a man who was utterly helpless.
- It was a brutal, vicious and pitiless attack in which you showed your victim no mercy.
- The tabloids violated my family's privacy in a manner that I felt was vicious and indecent.
- What had made me smile was his vicious and vile bigotry.
- As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.
- Satan, who represents Evil, the utterly vicious, is yet not a monster because he also fits absolutely into a certain moral universe, a certain symbolic order.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.