Translation of vicious in Spanish:
- 1.1 (savage, violent) [dog] fiero, malo; [thug/criminal] despiadado, sanguinario; [crime] atroz, sanguinario; [attack/blow] feroz, salvaje he has a vicious temper tiene muy mal genio there's a vicious streak in him tiene una veta violenta their home-made vodka is pretty vicious stuff hacen un vodka que es un veneno [colloquial/familiar] [humorous/humorístico]Example sentences1.2 (malicious) [gossip/rumor] malicioso she was very vicious about John se ensañó con John a vicious smear campaign una despiadada campaña de difamación he has a vicious tongue tiene una lengua viperina
Example sentences1.3 (depraved) [literary/literario] [habit] depravado
- It seems I am now safely in my home, far from the menacing arms of the vicious beast which drove me from the wild!
- Bloodstained snow, heavy cloaks, blackened eyes, Indian rites, puritanical fire and brimstone and the ominous howl of vicious wolf beasts.
- I would like to warn cat owners about a vicious dog in the Long Ditton area.
- This was a cowardly, savage and vicious attack on a man who was utterly helpless.
- It was a brutal, vicious and pitiless attack in which you showed your victim no mercy.
- The tabloids violated my family's privacy in a manner that I felt was vicious and indecent.
- What had made me smile was his vicious and vile bigotry.
- As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.
- Satan, who represents Evil, the utterly vicious, is yet not a monster because he also fits absolutely into a certain moral universe, a certain symbolic order.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.