Translation of view in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (sight) as we turned right, the hotel came into viewal torcer a la derecha pudimos ver el hotel or el hotel apareció ante nuestra vistato disappear from view we soon came in view of the baypronto pudimos ver la bahíato be hidden from viewestar ocultoin full view of somebody/somethinga la vista de alguien/algohe undressed in full view of everyonese desvistió delante de todos or a la vista de todosExample sentences1.2 (range of vision) we had a good view of the stage
veíamos muy bien el escenariohe stood up to get a better viewse puso de pie para ver mejoryou're blocking my viewme estás tapando
- The type of tree will be chosen so as not to obstruct one's view or cause overcrowding.
- The water slides show no signs of abating and regularly obstruct one's view of the sun.
- The other woman sighed; Vicky's view of her was obstructed by a circle of three guards that surrounded her.
no me dejas ver
- 2 countable 2.1 (scene, vista) an apartment with an ocean viewun apartamento con vista al mara view over the lakeuna vista panorámica del lagoExample sentences2.2 (picture, photo)
- Depending on design, they can mask undesirable sights or highlight attractive views.
- The lodge comprises two reception rooms and five bedrooms and with its southerly aspect, enjoys fine views down the River Naver.
- It sleeps four comfortably and every room has panoramic views of stunning sea and mountain vistas.
- The view is supposed to depict the landscape as seen through the asylum windows.
- Some, the view of Warsaw to the Ordynacki Palace and that towards the Royal Palace, merit the attentions of a restorer.
- Van Dyck, Canaletto's views of Venice, da Vinci sketches, Holbeins, Rubens and Rembrandts.
- 3 countable 3.1 (opinion, attitude) what's your view?¿cuál es tu opinión or parecer?he likes to air his views
¿tú qué opinas?le gusta dar a conocer su opiniónin my view, it's too expensiveen mi opinión or a mi modo de ver es demasiado caroyou have a peculiar view of thingstienes una visión extraña de las cosasview
on/ aboutsomethingopiniónto hold views on/about something de/ sobrealgotener ideas or opiniones sobre algoshe takes the view that …ella opina que …to take a dim o poor view of something [colloquial]she took a dim view of his arriving so lateno le pareció nada bien que llegara tan tardethey take a dim view of their daughter going out with himven con malos ojos que su hija salga con élto take the long/short viewadoptar una perspectiva amplia/limitadashe takes a longer viewadopta una perspectiva más ampliaExample sentences3.2 (survey, examination)
- I considered writing about it, throwing in my own heavily opinionated political and religious views, but I won't.
- She is strong in her political views and religious beliefs.
- We have our own opinions and views on political developments.
- 4 (plan, intention) with a view to
-ing, with the view of -ingcon la ideawith a view to buying a house de+ infinitive
a+ infinitivecon la idea de comprar una casa
con vistas a comprar una casa
- 5 (in phrases) in viewwhat exactly do you have in view?concretamente ¿qué es lo que te propones or lo que pretendes?there's no end in viewno se vislumbra el finallet's have a look at what's in view for the week aheadveamos qué tenemos en perspectiva para la semana que vienethis car is designed with safety in vieweste coche ha sido diseñado pensando en la seguridadalways keep your ultimate goal in viewnunca pierdas de vista el objetivo que persigueswith this in viewcon este finin view of in view of what's happeneden vista de lo que ha sucedidoin view of the fact that …en vista de que …dado que … [formal]on viewthe exhibition is on view until the end of the monthla exposición puede visitarse hasta fin de mesthe winning entries will go on view to the public on Saturdaylas obras premiadas podrán verse or se expondrán al público a partir del sábado
- 1 1.1 (look at) we viewed the scene with amusement/detachmentmirábamos la escena divertidos/con indiferenciaviewed from the side, he resembles his brother(visto) de perfil, se parece a su hermanoExample sentences1.2 (Television)
- This offers the artist the chance to display their work and allow it to be viewed by the public.
- The draft bye-laws can be viewed at county hall and the last date for observations and submissions to be made to the council, is July 10.
- The plans and a model of the building can be viewed by the public at Chadwell Library, Brentwood Road.
- Thus, televised sport was viewed first as programming and then as sport.
- These ads can piggyback on the televisions station's viewing audience.
- Even when we switch off these allegedly offending channels here, those with satellite television will continue viewing them.
- 2 (inspect) 2.1(property)
- Mary Ryan, from Property Vision, has viewed the house and believes it is in desperate need of a makeover.
- He was joined by his wife Bridget as the first party turned up at Bute House in Edinburgh to view the property.
- Sadly, the people who came to view the house the other day seem to have decided against proceeding.
- 3 (regard) she viewed the job as a challengeveía or consideraba el trabajo como un retothe proposal/her presence is viewed with suspicion by the staffel personal ve la propuesta/su presencia con recelowe viewed the matter with concernel asunto nos preocupabaExample sentences
- If Nick wants to go down this path, some of his comments may well have to be viewed in the same light.
- But if everything that passes in front of the eyes is supposed to be entertaining, and is viewed in that light, then the simulation would be condemned as appalling taste.
- The coincidence needs to be viewed in the light of the fact that the world's temperature has always gone up and down like a yo-yo on all sorts of time scales.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.