- 1.1 (chaste) [innocence/modesty] virginal the virgin birth el alumbramiento virginal (de la Virgen María)More example sentences1.2 (unspoiled, untouched) [forest] virgen; [snow] intacto this subject is virgin territory to me desconozco totalmente el tema
More example sentences1.3 (unprocessed) virgen virgin wool lana (f) virgen virgin olive oil aceite (m) oliva virgen
- I recognise that sometimes children can come along before the marriage but to prance about in a white dress playing the virgin bride is a bit much.
- Do you feel that rockets bursting to impregnate the virgin sky are gender appropriate?
- The desert around Llano has been prepared like a virgin bride for its eventual union with the metropolis.
- Large tracts of virgin forest play a role in global ecology comparable to rain forests.
- Because of the rapid consumption of virgin forests in places as far apart as Canada and Southeast Asia, forest restoration has not been able to keep pace with the demand for wood products.
- Recycling glass saves one-quarter to one-third the energy used for virgin materials.