Translation of vision in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (faculty of sight) visión (feminine), vista (feminine) perfect vision visión perfecta good/poor vision buena/mala vistaExample sentences1.2 (visibility) visibilidad (feminine) field of vision campo (masculine) visual
- A team of researchers exploring the eye's genetic make-up say they may have found a gene able to restore some vision in people who have gone blind.
- She is now completely blind in both eyes but still attends Moorfields Eye Hospital in London and hopes surgeons will one day be able to restore her vision.
- Those that serve the special senses of smell and vision are purely sensory, and differ from the rest in being essentially extensions of the brain itself.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (imagination, foresight) visión (feminine) (de futuro) the artist's breadth of vision la amplitud de miras del artistaExample sentences
- The question of the Labor leadership is a question about Labor's future direction and policy vision for Australia.
- We set out to be a Government with a clear direction and vision for the future, supported by the broad mainstream of New Zealanders.
- Companies with the right vision can begin planning their future activities along these lines.
- 3 countable/numerable 3.1 (dreamlike revelation) visión (feminine) to have/see a vision tener* una visión she was a vision (of loveliness) in her wedding dress [literary/literario] era un sueño en su traje de novia 3.2 (mental image, concept) imagen (feminine), visión (feminine) I had visions of you being rushed to hospital ya me imaginaba que te habrían llevado de urgencia al hospitalExample sentences
- He was the foremost influence on her politics, a man with no party membership but a socialist vision of how society could and should be.
- Utopias hold out for a vision of the future - a vision of how society ought to be.
- His document looks at the country's declining birth rate and the continuing brain drain and presents an apocalyptic vision of the future in Scotland.
- I suddenly had visions of M serving them up for months on end topped with wholemeal flour.
- I suddenly had visions of having to mow around Bruno.
- I had visions of him going into a coma, though I'm sure he'd probably just throw up.
- Fields, an artist from Winston-Salem, N.C., reportedly produces his work while experiencing visions in a trance.
- Didn't anyone anywhere else, in any other period of history, experience dreams, visions, prophecies of God?
- She succeeds, but just as she brings Tom out of his trance he experiences a terrifying vision which send him into a panic.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.