Translation of visionary in Spanish:
- 1 (farsighted)(leader/plan)
con visión de futuroExample sentences
- The film is based around Isaac Asimov's visionary stories about future technology where robots are an integral part of our daily lives.
- I marvelled at the imaginative energy of the Martian enterprise, at its visionary and dogged inventiveness.
- He hopes to see the gains achieved by the U.S. civil rights movement, and maybe even a vision of ideal universal equality, reflected in the visionary future of the Federation.
- 2 (unrealistic)Example sentences
- The book ends with an assault by the mob on Mr Chainmail's 12th-cent. castle, an ironic comment on the more visionary schemes to solve the troubles of the age of reform.
- ‘These hypothetical, visionary schemes will only act to deter tenants from investing in their businesses,’ he said.
noun plural visionaries
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.