Translation of visitation in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (by supernatural being)Example sentences1.2 (act of God)
- Throughout history there have been reports of ghosts, apparitions and spiritual visitations, both angelic and demonic.
- Our prayer is for a visitation of the Holy Spirit, to rescue men and women lost in darkness and superstition, and to bring to them the light of the gospel of the grace of God in Jesus Christ.
- He was inspired, and his inspiration was interpreted as a divine visitation or as the surge of the unconscious over the conscious mind as he drifted into the realm of dreams, trances, and visions.
- After men came to terms with the psychological shock of the plague visitations, society adjusted remarkably well, though not without turmoil.
- I think the people who committed that heinous crime deserve every visitation of justice that we can bring to them.
- If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then The Lord hath not sent me.
- 2 (Religion) 2.1 (official call) 2.2the Visitationla visitaciónExample sentences
- It is suggested also that the bishops should devise a system of regular visitations of the dioceses of their fellow bishops, a proposal, it is suggested, that should pose no threat to bishops who do not fear being held accountable.
- When the bishop of a geographically large rural diocese made a visitation to one of its small mission congregations, he ended by asking the vicar if there was anything he could do to help.
- They are contained in a 434-page report on the diocese which follows on from a parish-by-parish visitation conducted by Bishop Miller over the last number of months.
- 3 (unwelcome social visit) [colloquial]we had a visitation from the Brownscayeron los Brown a visitarnoslos Brown nos hicieron una de sus visitasExample sentences
- Maybe it was the over indulgence of food and the endless visitation of family members that made me feel guilty
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.