Translation of volume in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (Physics) (of a body)(of container)what is the volume of this bottle?¿qué capacidad tiene esta botella?Example sentences
- With negative curvature, space has infinite volume.
- Likewise, a gas will occupy any volume which is made available to it.
- In other words, it takes on the exact shape and volume of its container.
- 2 uncountable (amount)(of business, trade)the volume of mail we getla cantidad or el volumen de correspondencia que recibimosExample sentences
- The amount and volume of material we receive each day is huge and unfortunately sometimes it's impossible to answer everybody's pleas.
- A year later, he upgraded the phone system to handle the growing volume of phone orders.
- The business has also been successful in increasing both the value and volume of orders per customer through better customer relationship management.
- 3 uncountable (of sound) to turn the volume up/downsubir/bajar el volumenExample sentences
- Pianists must rely more heavily on differing volume levels to distinguish voices.
- There are two further console-style buttons on the top of the device, positioned for index-finger usage, and power and volume controls on the base.
- The controls are on top surface of the right-hand satellite speaker but are limited to the power switch and volume control.
- 4 countable 4.1 (book) a two-volume dictionary4.2un diccionario en dos tomos or volúmenesalso: volumes plural(a great deal)to write volumesmontones (masculine plural) [colloquial]to speak volumes for somebody/somethingescribir páginas y páginasit speaks volumes for his honestydecir mucho de alguien/algothe look on his face spoke volumesdice mucho de su honestidadsu expresión lo decía todoExample sentences
- There was huge, leather bound series of volumes of Encyclopaedia Celtica.
- Photographs are of reasonable resolution and the whole layout of the book is more pleasing and open than earlier volumes in the series.
- Eventually the series filled two volumes published in March and May 1788.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to