Translation of warble in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- cantar ([ haciendo gorgoritos ])
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [bird] trinar, gorjear; [person] hacer* gorgoritosExample sentences
- Across the river birds warble in the bush - wood pigeons, tui and native parrots flit among the nikau palms and kahikatea.
- There were popping sounds, birds warbling, half-stifled cries - of rigmarole of street sounds that just totally entranced me.
- As the weather heats up this summer, frog song may be as easy to hear as bird warbling.
- She slowly let go of his hand and walked behind the makeshift stage, where a woman was warbling out a country song.
- In the Outer Hebrides they still sing a very ancient kind of unaccompanied plainchant - first the minister starts warbling, then the congregation joins in, ululating and carolling, nasally.
- Willie Nelson is warbling through the stereo and the sun is slipping fast into the Texas Hill Country.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.