Translation of ward in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (in hospital) sala (feminine) the children's ward la sala de niños or de pediatríaExample sentences
- Stepping back a generation, doctors were familiar with hospital wards full of patients succumbing to sepsis in the pre-penicillin era.
- Yarmouk Hospital has one of the busiest emergency rooms and obstetrics wards in Baghdad.
- Randomised controlled trial of usual care compared with intervention delivered on hospital wards by cardiac rehabilitation nurses.
- 2 countable/numerable [Politics/Política][ subdivisión de un municipio a efectos electorales y administrativos ]Example sentences
- Issues raised will be discussed by the relief road working group, made up of county councillors representing local wards, and the county council will enforce the changes.
- We called the offices of city councillors representing various downtown wards, and their staff readily acknowledged the litter problem.
- Candidates for election will run in electoral districts, similar to city councillors' wards.
- 3 countable/numerable (person) pupilo, (masculine, feminine) ward of court pupilo, (masculine, feminine) bajo tutela judicialExample sentences
- Open sea and clear skies was all very well when teaching a new crewmember the ropes and they never lost their fascination with the captain's young ward.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...