Translation of ward in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (in hospital) sala (feminine) the children's ward la sala de niños or de pediatríaExample sentences
- Stepping back a generation, doctors were familiar with hospital wards full of patients succumbing to sepsis in the pre-penicillin era.
- Yarmouk Hospital has one of the busiest emergency rooms and obstetrics wards in Baghdad.
- Randomised controlled trial of usual care compared with intervention delivered on hospital wards by cardiac rehabilitation nurses.
- 2 countable/numerable [Politics/Política][ subdivisión de un municipio a efectos electorales y administrativos ]Example sentences
- Issues raised will be discussed by the relief road working group, made up of county councillors representing local wards, and the county council will enforce the changes.
- We called the offices of city councillors representing various downtown wards, and their staff readily acknowledged the litter problem.
- Candidates for election will run in electoral districts, similar to city councillors' wards.
- 3 countable/numerable (person) pupilo, (masculine, feminine) ward of court pupilo, (masculine, feminine) bajo tutela judicialExample sentences
- Open sea and clear skies was all very well when teaching a new crewmember the ropes and they never lost their fascination with the captain's young ward.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas