Translation of warning in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (advice, threat) what happened should be a warning to thema word of warning: don't be late!lo que pasó debería servirles de advertenciahe added a word of warning about smokinguna advertencia or te lo advierto: no llegues tardethe flags are a warning that it's unsafe to bathetambién advirtió de or hizo una advertencia sobre los peligros del tabacothe player was given an official warninglas banderas advierten or indican que es peligroso bañarsethe sign is intended to give a warning to travelersel jugador recibió una amonestación(before noun) warning bellla señal está ahí como advertencia a los viajeroswarning deviceseñal (feminine) de avisoI shot her a warning glancedispositivo (masculine) de alarmawarning noticele lancé una mirada de advertenciale advertí con la miradaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable (prior notice) they arrived without warning
- It is also unclear if warnings or cautions were picked up as well as convictions.
- Police in the area have issued several warnings fearful that somebody will eventually be hurt.
- Experts will also be on hand to explain how the Agency forecasts floods and how its warnings are issued.
I gave you plenty of warningllegaron sin avisar or sin previo avisowe need three days' written warningte avisé con tiempo de sobratienen que avisarnos por escrito con tres días de antelaciónExample sentences
- Yet all the words of warning and cautionary tales cannot dent his ambition to do something out of the ordinary.
- Anyone with information or queries regarding this warning should contact our advice line on 0845 600 1352.
- Although by definition a caveat is a caution or warning that the notifier be given a hearing, yet it usually helps stall rather than alter a situation.
- They recommend that a link should be provided to the Environment Agency's flood warning system to give residents advance warning in future.
- I've given my flatmates advance warning - I'll be a bit sad to give up this flat as it's the best one I've had and has really felt like home for almost a year now.
- Contestants are being given plenty of advance warning to get out their drawing boards, their hammers and barrels and get working on their master pieces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.