Translation of warning in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountable (advice, threat) what happened should be a warning to themlo que pasó debería servirles de advertenciaa word of warning: don't be late!una advertencia or te lo advierto: no llegues tardehe added a word of warning about smokingtambién advirtió de or hizo una advertencia sobre los peligros del tabacothe flags are a warning that it's unsafe to bathelas banderas advierten or indican que es peligroso bañarsethe player was given an official warningel jugador recibió una amonestaciónthe sign is intended to give a warning to travelersla señal está ahí como advertencia a los viajeros(before noun) warning bellseñal (feminine) de avisowarning devicedispositivo (masculine) de alarmaI shot her a warning glancele lancé una mirada de advertenciawarning notice
le advertí con la miradaExample sentences
- It is also unclear if warnings or cautions were picked up as well as convictions.
- Police in the area have issued several warnings fearful that somebody will eventually be hurt.
- Experts will also be on hand to explain how the Agency forecasts floods and how its warnings are issued.
- Yet all the words of warning and cautionary tales cannot dent his ambition to do something out of the ordinary.
- Anyone with information or queries regarding this warning should contact our advice line on 0845 600 1352.
- Although by definition a caveat is a caution or warning that the notifier be given a hearing, yet it usually helps stall rather than alter a situation.
- 2 uncountable (prior notice) they arrived without warningllegaron sin avisar or sin previo avisoI gave you plenty of warningte avisé con tiempo de sobrawe need three days' written warningtienen que avisarnos por escrito con tres días de antelaciónExample sentences
- They recommend that a link should be provided to the Environment Agency's flood warning system to give residents advance warning in future.
- I've given my flatmates advance warning - I'll be a bit sad to give up this flat as it's the best one I've had and has really felt like home for almost a year now.
- Contestants are being given plenty of advance warning to get out their drawing boards, their hammers and barrels and get working on their master pieces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.