Translation of warrant in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (written authorization) [Law/Derecho] orden (feminine) judicial(search warrant)orden (feminine) de registro or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) de allanamiento a warrant was issued for his arrest se expidió una orden de arresto or de detención en su contra, se ordenó su arresto or detenciónExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (voucher) vale (masculine); [Finance] warrant (masculine), derecho (masculine) de suscripción de nuevas acciones
- On receipt of the authority to proceed the metropolitan magistrate may issue a warrant for the arrest of the person specified.
- He then failed to answer a summons from the examining magistrate, and a warrant for his arrest was issued on 28th January 1997.
- Police issued an arrest warrant for bigamy and John, who now lives on the Isle of Man, turned himself in last week.
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (justification) [formal] justificación (feminine)
- These warrants entitle the holders to sell shares of the common stock to the Company on certain dates at specified prices.
- While it's not required that the government receive warrants in return, that's one suggestion to compensate it for the credit risks being taken.
- In a card of this type, the issuer warrants to the payee that a cheque, drawn by the card-holder for not more than a stated maximum amount, will be paid on presentment.
- Other things being equal, for every €1 fall in the share price, the warrant price falls by five times more.
- Based on the current warrant and share price, the warrant gives gearing of 1.8 times.
- The buyers negotiate favorable terms, such as price discounts or warrants to receive additional shares should the stock hit a target price.
- There is no warrant for the claim that he became anti-Christian or antireligious after coming to power.
- There is as yet no warrant for ruling out an arithmetical set that is not decidable, or for ruling out a decidable set that is not arithmetical.
- There can be no warrant for the cold-blooded execution of a surrendered terrorist.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (justify) justificar* the case warrants/does not warrant further investigation el caso merece/no merece que se continúe con la investigación
- 2 2.1 (assure) [formal] garantizar*, asegurar I'll warrant you (that) they'll accept te garantizo or te aseguro que van a aceptar he'll be back, I warrant you volverá, te lo garantizo or te lo aseguro 2.2 (guarantee) (often passive/frecuentemente en voz pasiva) garantizar* these goods are warranted for one year estos productos están garantizados por un año or tienen un año de garantía
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.