- wasps' nestExample sentences
- Another hazard that sometimes faced the picker was disturbing a nest of wasps or some other stinging creatures.
- Bites from bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets and fire ants are typically the most troublesome.
- It didn't kill the wasps, the nest was made of paper so it absorbed the shock and just split open.
- (especially American English)white Anglo-Saxon Protestant(persona de la clase privilegiada de los EEUU, blanca, anglosajona y protestante)Example sentences
- But the criticism of WASPs as a group, says Brookhiser, is only a symptom of a deeper ill.
- Old-guard Wasps appear to feel threatened by the newly rich and their growing influence around the city, and dismiss new money as ‘tasteless and gauche.’
Cultural Note: Wasp, WASP - White Anglo-Saxon Protestant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.