Translation of weaken in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [body/limb] debilitar; [structure] hacer* más endeble, quitarle solidez a; [power/government/currency/economy] debilitar; [determination] menoscabar he weakened his grip on her arm dejó de asirle el brazo con tanta fuerzaExample sentences
- She hates this kind of thing normally, but all the hype and good reviews weakened her resolve.
- It did not weaken his resolve, although there are times when bitterness wells to the surface.
- His squad may be physically weakened, but he believes their resolve remains strong.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [person/animal] (physically) debilitarse; [resolve/determination] flaquear; [power] debilitarse I finally weakened and let her go finalmente cedí or aflojé or me ablandé y la dejé ir don't weaken in your resolve no cedas en tu propósito her hold on the rope gradually weakened cada vez se agarraba con menos fuerza de la cuerda the pound has weakened against the dollar la libra ha caído frente al dólar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an