Translation of weaken in Spanish:
- (body/limb)(structure)hacer más endeblequitarle solidez a(power/government/currency/economy)(determination)he weakened his grip on her armdejó de asirle el brazo con tanta fuerzaExample sentences
- She hates this kind of thing normally, but all the hype and good reviews weakened her resolve.
- It did not weaken his resolve, although there are times when bitterness wells to the surface.
- His squad may be physically weakened, but he believes their resolve remains strong.
- (person/animal) (physically)debilitarse(resolve/determination)(power)I finally weakened and let her godebilitarsedon't weaken in your resolvefinalmente cedí or aflojé or me ablandé y la dejé irher hold on the rope gradually weakenedno cedas en tu propósitothe pound has weakened against the dollarcada vez se agarraba con menos fuerza de la cuerdala libra ha caído frente al dólar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to