Translation of web in Spanish:
- 1also: spider's web1.1 the spider spins its webla araña teje su tela1.2 (of cloth)Example sentences1.3 (structure) a web of intrigue
una red de intrigaa web of liesuna maraña de mentiras
- Every woman made her web and bleached it herself, and the price never rose higher than 2 shillings a yard, and with this cloth almost everyone was clothed.
- I need not remind my readers of the connection always maintained in classical poetry and legend between the spider and the weaver, the spinner and the web. Even in our vernacular we speak of ‘the web’ on the loom, and the fable of Arachne has blended itself with almost all thought on the subject.
- 2 (on bird's, frog's foot)membrana (feminine) interdigitalExample sentences
- Then, as the duck draws its foot forward and brings the toes together, the web folds up so there is less resistance to the water.
- His feet are rather large, but the web is not wide as in ducks.
- 3 (Computing)the Web owebla or el webWorld Wide Webtelaraña (feminine) mundialExample sentences
- Almost half of all the Danish Internet population are using the Web for banking and tax purposes.
- Thankfully, when it all gets too much, the Web has some quick fixes for my addiction.
- Again and again, the history of the Web shows us the value of relinquishing control.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.