Translation of welfare in Spanish:
- 1 (well-being)Example sentences
- He said that the health, safety and welfare of officers was always of concern.
- Provision for the pupils' care, health, safety and welfare is very good.
- After a month or so a programme of home visits begins, and enquiries are made about the health and general welfare of each family.
- 2 (social aid) 2.1 (assistance)(before noun) (program)welfare organization
de asistencia socialorganización (feminine) de asistencia socialExample sentences2.2 (payment) (American English)
prestaciones (feminine plural) socialesto be on welfarerecibir prestaciones de la seguridad social
- We know that real jobs are a better guarantee of prosperity for the unemployed than welfare.
- The workers are demanding an expansion and prompt payment of welfare benefits to the unemployed.
- The Government wants to keep putting up taxes in order to support its welfare expenditure.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Welfare
En EEUU el término "welfare" y "welfare programs" se usa para referirse a las distintas formas de ayuda gubernamental a disposición de los pobres, los enfermos, los desempleados y otras personas desfavorecidas. Los programas incluyen Medicare y Medicaid y Food Stamps.