- 1 (well-being) bienestar (m)More example sentences
- He said that the health, safety and welfare of officers was always of concern.
- Provision for the pupils' care, health, safety and welfare is very good.
- After a month or so a programme of home visits begins, and enquiries are made about the health and general welfare of each family.
- 2 [Soc Adm] 2.1 (assistance) asistencia (f) social child welfare protección (f) a la infancia (before n) [program] de asistencia social welfare organization organización (f) de asistencia social 2.2 (payment) (AmE) prestaciones (fpl) sociales to be on welfare recibir prestaciones de la seguridad socialMore example sentences
- We know that real jobs are a better guarantee of prosperity for the unemployed than welfare.
- The workers are demanding an expansion and prompt payment of welfare benefits to the unemployed.
- The Government wants to keep putting up taxes in order to support its welfare expenditure.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.