Translation of welfare in Spanish:
- 1 (well-being) bienestar (masculine)Example sentences
- He said that the health, safety and welfare of officers was always of concern.
- Provision for the pupils' care, health, safety and welfare is very good.
- After a month or so a programme of home visits begins, and enquiries are made about the health and general welfare of each family.
- 2 (social aid) 2.1 (assistance) asistencia (feminine) social; (before noun/delante del nombre) [program] de asistencia social welfare organization organización (feminine) de asistencia social 2.2 (payment) (American English/inglés norteamericano) prestaciones (feminine plural) sociales to be on welfare recibir prestaciones de la seguridad socialExample sentences
- We know that real jobs are a better guarantee of prosperity for the unemployed than welfare.
- The workers are demanding an expansion and prompt payment of welfare benefits to the unemployed.
- The Government wants to keep putting up taxes in order to support its welfare expenditure.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.