Translation of whistle-stop in Spanish:
- 1 (brief appearance)Example sentences
- Such ‘cultural events’ have become popular whistle-stops for political parties keen to woo the nearly 300,000 Asian New Zealanders of voting age.
- As he spoke at the first whistle-stop, 19-year-old Ben Brown, an NDP supporter, stood silently holding a sign warning of environmental damage under a Conservative government.
- Diane Schmitt, a recruiter in Prescott, Ariz., let Bart talk to a handful of her recruits, at one of his first whistle-stops, which included Oklahoma, Ohio and New York.
- 2 (station, town) (US)Example sentences
- En route to the World's Fair, the girls would sharpen their skills and increase their visibility by playing exhibition and challenge games at whistle-stops all along the way.
- But Racine is much more than a whistle-stop on the dairy run.
- In 1941, what is now Warner Robins was a sleepy little whistle-stop known as Wellston, located just south of Macon in the central part of the state.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.