Translation of whoever in Spanish:
- 1.1 (no matter who) See examples: she's not coming in here, whoever she iswhoever you askaquí no entra, quien quiera que sea or sea quien sease lo preguntes a quien se lo preguntesa quienquiera que se lo preguntesExample sentences1.2 (the one, ones who) See examples: whoever did this must be insane
I'll invite whoever I likequienquiera que or quien haya hecho esto debe (de) estar locovoy a invitar a quien (se) me dé la ganaExample sentences1.3 (in questions) whoever told you that?
- But whoever loses, regardless of whether it is by six goals or one, it will be devastating.
- Yet the sitter, whoever he might be, regards us with an air of quiet confidence.
- One of the most important things for America is to know who actually won, whoever that may be.
¿quién te dijo eso?¿quién te pudo haber dicho eso?Example sentences
- Therefore, whoever offers the best level of service will win the most business.
- The IFS concludes that taxes would have gone up whoever won the last election, because it was the only way to balance the books.
- Both teams tend to have the attitude that whoever wins this one wins the tournament, even if last year they discovered otherwise.
- In any case, why raise the question, for whoever in his right mind ever suggested that everything is false?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.