- 1.1 (in card games) comodín (masculine)More example sentences1.2 [Sport/Deporte] (in golf, tennis)invitación a participar en un torneo aun cuando el jugador no cumple los requisitos; (in US football) puesto en las finales adjudicado a los mejores equipos de entre los perdedores
More example sentences
- It was subsequently adopted in versions of Poker, Rummy and other games as a wild card which could be used as a substitute for any desired card.
- If the joker is turned up, there are no wild cards and the value of the hand is doubled.
- If your team starts a meld of wild cards, you cannot add any wild cards to any of your other melds until your wild card canasta is complete.
More example sentences1.3 (factor) imponderable (masculine)
- The young Bulgarian entered the competition with a wild card, thanks to one of the most popular management companies in the world, IMG.
- Hingis will, undoubtedly, be showered with wild cards to enter any tournament she chooses.
- ‘Yayuk failed to receive the wild card as her world ranking in both singles and doubles event did not meet the qualification,’ Benny explained.
More example sentences1.4 [Computing/Informática] comodín (masculine)
- To gain the playoffs as the wild card, a team will need 90 wins, according to the best estimates.
- The realignment with four divisions within each conference makes it so that the four division winners plus two wild cards will make the playoffs from both the AFC and NFC.
- The next season gave us the world champion Ravens, a 12-4 wild card team that finished 8-8 in 1999.
More example sentences
- One wild card is the uncertainty surrounding the membership of the FCC.
- He too forfeits, the sex and mystery of a wild card like Coco no longer in his life.
- The Brotherhood is the wild card in the reform game.
- Many search engines employ wild cards - special symbols, usually an asterisk (*), that you add to a term to indicate different possibilities.
- You can run the program against multiple files by using wild cards in the filename.
- Try the asterisk (*) wild card when searching for a phrase.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...