Translation of wild card in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in card games) comodín (masculine)Example sentences1.2 [Sport/Deporte] (in golf, tennis)[ invitación a participar en un torneo aun cuando el jugador no cumple los requisitos ]; (in US football) [ puesto en las finales adjudicado a los mejores equipos de entre los perdedores ]
- It was subsequently adopted in versions of Poker, Rummy and other games as a wild card which could be used as a substitute for any desired card.
- If the joker is turned up, there are no wild cards and the value of the hand is doubled.
- If your team starts a meld of wild cards, you cannot add any wild cards to any of your other melds until your wild card canasta is complete.
Example sentences1.3 (factor) imponderable (masculine)
- The young Bulgarian entered the competition with a wild card, thanks to one of the most popular management companies in the world, IMG.
- Hingis will, undoubtedly, be showered with wild cards to enter any tournament she chooses.
- ‘Yayuk failed to receive the wild card as her world ranking in both singles and doubles event did not meet the qualification,’ Benny explained.
Example sentences1.4 [Computing/Informática] comodín (masculine)
- To gain the playoffs as the wild card, a team will need 90 wins, according to the best estimates.
- The realignment with four divisions within each conference makes it so that the four division winners plus two wild cards will make the playoffs from both the AFC and NFC.
- The next season gave us the world champion Ravens, a 12-4 wild card team that finished 8-8 in 1999.
- One wild card is the uncertainty surrounding the membership of the FCC.
- He too forfeits, the sex and mystery of a wild card like Coco no longer in his life.
- The Brotherhood is the wild card in the reform game.
- Many search engines employ wild cards - special symbols, usually an asterisk (*), that you add to a term to indicate different possibilities.
- You can run the program against multiple files by using wild cards in the filename.
- Try the asterisk (*) wild card when searching for a phrase.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the