Translation of window in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(of building) ventana (feminine)(of shop) escaparate (masculine) (esp Spain)don't lean out of the window
vitrina (feminine) (Latin America)
vidriera (feminine) (Latin America)no te asomes por la ventana/ventanillato clean the windowslimpiar los vidrios or (Spain) cristalesa window on the worlduna ventana abierta al mundoa window of opportunityuna oportunidadto fly/go out (of) the window (plans)(hopes)his promotion went out of the window when he said that
desvanecerselo que dijo dio al traste con sus perspectivas de ascenso [colloquial]to throw something out (of) the window [colloquial]echar algo por la bordathe window frameel marco de la ventanaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (sales counter)
- The apartments and penthouses have double-glazed redwood framed windows, fitted kitchens and gas-fired central heating.
- All the houses will have a traditional look with curved timber framed windows, decorative roof detail and over-door pediments.
- It has wider hallways, higher ceilings, more windows admitting more natural light and more places for students to hang out.
- Food-themed window displays in many shops and businesses in the town also added extra interest.
- I try to focus on the window displays of the shops that we pass instead of focusing on him.
- Almost 50 town centre shops are giving up some of their window space to support carnival week.
- I ran across the street to get into the office. There were several customers at the windows, some being served, others waiting to be served.
- It is anything but out of the ordinary, too, for the ‘sell-out’ signs to be posted on the ticket office windows of the arena.
- They were carrying a hammer which they banged on the security windows of the bank as they demanded money.
- 2 2.1 (of envelope) (before noun) window envelopeExample sentences2.2 (Computing)
- This results in yellowed envelopes, shrunken address windows, and brittle paper.
- Police say the first four letters were sent using window envelopes, with the Elland Road address showing through the window.
- Do you feel obliged to tear out plastic windows in envelopes before recycling them?
- The viewer gets the video and audio directly into his Internet browser window.
- Other differences relate to the rules for entering a phrase into the search engine phrase window.
- You may need to scroll or resize the pop-up image window to get a good view.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.