Translation of window in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(of building)(of shop)don't lean out of the windowto clean the windowsno te asomes por la ventana/ventanillaa window on the worldlimpiar los vidrios or (Spain) cristalesa window of opportunityuna ventana abierta al mundoto fly/go out (of) the window (plans)una oportunidad(hopes)his promotion went out of the window when he said thatdesvanecerseto throw something out (of) the window [colloquial]lo que dijo dio al traste con sus perspectivas de ascenso [colloquial]the window frameechar algo por la bordael marco de la ventanaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (sales counter)
- The apartments and penthouses have double-glazed redwood framed windows, fitted kitchens and gas-fired central heating.
- All the houses will have a traditional look with curved timber framed windows, decorative roof detail and over-door pediments.
- It has wider hallways, higher ceilings, more windows admitting more natural light and more places for students to hang out.
- Food-themed window displays in many shops and businesses in the town also added extra interest.
- I try to focus on the window displays of the shops that we pass instead of focusing on him.
- Almost 50 town centre shops are giving up some of their window space to support carnival week.
- I ran across the street to get into the office. There were several customers at the windows, some being served, others waiting to be served.
- It is anything but out of the ordinary, too, for the ‘sell-out’ signs to be posted on the ticket office windows of the arena.
- They were carrying a hammer which they banged on the security windows of the bank as they demanded money.
- 2 2.1 (of envelope) (before noun) window envelope 2.2 (Computing)Example sentences
- The viewer gets the video and audio directly into his Internet browser window.
- Other differences relate to the rules for entering a phrase into the search engine phrase window.
- You may need to scroll or resize the pop-up image window to get a good view.
- This results in yellowed envelopes, shrunken address windows, and brittle paper.
- Police say the first four letters were sent using window envelopes, with the Elland Road address showing through the window.
- Do you feel obliged to tear out plastic windows in envelopes before recycling them?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.