Translation of wiry in Spanish:
adjective wirier, wiriest
- 1.1(person)enjuto y nervudoExample sentences1.2
- I turned around to face him, doing everything I could not to gawk at his lean, wiry figure.
- A thin wiry man was sitting at the counter, downing a bottle of beer.
- He was a small, spare, wiry man, highly intelligent, with unusual gifts of persuasion and leadership.
- He had long, wiry black hair, and a bristly goatee-beard-mustache combination around his lower face.
- She settled into her bedroll and ran a slender hand through the mass of wiry black hair atop her head, pulling it back into a ponytail.
- His dark eyes sparkled with life and amusement from the mass of black wiry hair that covered his face.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.