adjective/adjetivo (wirier, wiriest)
- 1.1 [person] enjuto y nervudoMore example sentences1.2 [hair] áspero, hirsuto
More example sentences
- I turned around to face him, doing everything I could not to gawk at his lean, wiry figure.
- A thin wiry man was sitting at the counter, downing a bottle of beer.
- He was a small, spare, wiry man, highly intelligent, with unusual gifts of persuasion and leadership.
- He had long, wiry black hair, and a bristly goatee-beard-mustache combination around his lower face.
- She settled into her bedroll and ran a slender hand through the mass of wiry black hair atop her head, pulling it back into a ponytail.
- His dark eyes sparkled with life and amusement from the mass of black wiry hair that covered his face.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.