Translation of wrapper in Spanish:
- 1 (round food)(round cigar)
envoltura (feminine)(for newspaper, book)
faja (feminine)Example sentences
- There are no bins and a few pieces of fast-food wrappers; sweet papers and bottles are the main offenders.
- When bringing the hunt out to the backyard, foil wrappers will protect the eggs from dirt and debris, allowing for fun as well as a sanitary outdoor hunt.
- Cigarettes began being sold in Britain in the 1850s, initially just sold in paper wrappers.
- Stamps were attached to the wrapper of the newspaper and couriers were hired to deliver Court to subscribers.
- And the title, suddenly revealed, stares out at me from beneath the cellophane wrapper of the cover.
- Maybe you could start sending the magazine out in a plain brown wrapper.
- If teens today feel they have time only to log on to the net and cyber chat, then they are not only shutting their minds off, but also loosing a lot of the rich heritage bound in between the wrappers of the books.
- Several months ago, our Conservation Services Division was asked to design a book wrapper for the use of the Princeton University Library.
- Prior to the turn of the century, the Corojo wrapper was the predominant wrapper tobacco used when rolling the famous Cuban brands.
- They may only shop for a certain wrapper or they only buy cigars that cost $4.
- 2 (Clothing) [dated]Example sentences
- The grand boubou (big boubou) consists of a gown worn over a shirt and trousers for men, and over a wrapper with a head-scarf for women.
- We use cloth gowns, drapes, and wrappers at our facility, and the laundering of our linen is contracted to on outside laundry service.
- She reached into the diminutive pocket located near the bodice of her wrapper, and procured a set of metallic keys hanging from a rather large gold ring.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.