- 1.1 countable/numerable [Law/Derecho] (issued by a court) orden (f) or mandato (m) judicial a royal writ un mandato real to issue a writ (against sb) expedir* una orden or un mandato (contra algn) to serve a writ on sb notificarle* una orden or un mandato a algn a writ of habeas corpus un recurso de hábeas corpus a writ of execution/possession un mandamiento de ejecución/embargoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Religion/Religión] Holy Writ la(s) Sagrada(s) Escritura(s)
- The applicant commenced proceedings in this Court for writs of mandamus, certiorari and injunctions.
- In September 2004, the applicant filed an application in the High Court for the constitutional writs of certiorari and mandamus.
- Where a court or a public officer wrongly refuses jurisdiction the exercise of the jurisdiction can be commanded by a writ of mandamus.
- This was the day that the writ for the election of members of this Parliament was returned.
- Clark said nominations for the election will close July 2, following the issuing of the election writs June 25.
- You would have to be developing this now, rather than waking up the day that writs are issued for election and wanting to build this within a couple of weeks.