- 1 (measure)yarda (feminine) (0,91m)it's 100 yards down the road≈ está a unos 100 metros de aquíyard of ale (in UK)(recipiente esférico de cuello largo que se utiliza en concursos de beber cerveza)Example sentences
- On the half hour mark Brian Pendergast let fly with a right foot shot from twenty yards.
- How many inches equal a yard is not something subject to daily fluctuations on the free or any other market.
- I headed the ball back inside and eventually the ball ended up at my feet 20 yards from goal and I just hit it.
- 2 (spar) (Nautical)Example sentences
- The Captain motioned with his eyes and his head to the main mast top yard.
- The argument is that a three-masted ship had three yards on each mast for the square sails, making nine in all.
- They could see Bowles and they waited, bracing themselves against the yard should the two ships collide.
- 1 1.1 (of school, prison)Example sentences1.2 (of house)
- Five or six trips to the dump yard on the far lands and I stopped for something to eat.
- These traders require access to their stores and yards to run their businesses.
- My father has a little family business, a scrap-metal business with a yard and lorry.
patio (masculine)(garden) (US)
jardín (masculine)Example sentences1.3
- You may even find some that prove more useful in the yard and garden than in your kitchen.
- So, you have decided to plant rose bushes in your yard or on your patio, porch or balcony.
- You'd get to know them, and pretty soon we were just like anybody else hanging out in the yard.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.