Translation of yawl in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sailing boat) yola (feminine) ([ de vela ])Example sentences1.2 (rowing boat) yola (feminine) ([ de remos ])
- He was an inspiration to those who wished to get out and sail in the yawl but were seeking the courage to do so.
- That objective had been achieved with over twenty yawls now sailing in Achill.
- Have you been in a place where trends are announced through a yawl's foghorn?
- Yawls had a single mast, and could also be rowed with four or six oars. They were most commonly used to carry ships stores and provisions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the