Translation of yawn in Spanish:
- Tinara opened her mouth to reply, but she suddenly put a hand to her mouth and yawned.
- Alexis felt a compelling need to yawn but as she opened her mouth the arm tightened.
- As it hits the back of your mouth or throat try yawning, as this action will open up your throat.
- She would have to pass through great agony to become a part of the great yawning nothingness.
- Does one plug on, rounding out characters, filling in the yawning chasms in the plot?
- The void between rich and poor is now a yawning chasm and home ownership is but a dream for most young couples.
- 1.1 (action) she could not suppress a yawnno pudo reprimir un bostezo1.2 (bore) [colloquial]Example sentences
- How are you going to get big voter turnout when everybody seems to think these elections are a big yawn?
- Because the dirty little secret is that most Americans still greet the MLS with a big yawn.
- It happened 15 years ago and it's been either a big yawn or a big laugh ever since.
- Hugh Bradley was in the pool recently and said the two boys had yawns as wide as a hippopotamus' mouth.
- I tried not to show my boredom, but my yawns were coming quicker and quicker.
- And, since the good jokes don't come until the final third, a lot of yawns will have to be stifled.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.