Translation of yawn in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [person/animal] bostezar*Example sentences1.2 [pit/hole/chasm] [literary/literario], abrirse*
- Tinara opened her mouth to reply, but she suddenly put a hand to her mouth and yawned.
- Alexis felt a compelling need to yawn but as she opened her mouth the arm tightened.
- As it hits the back of your mouth or throat try yawning, as this action will open up your throat.
- She would have to pass through great agony to become a part of the great yawning nothingness.
- Does one plug on, rounding out characters, filling in the yawning chasms in the plot?
- The void between rich and poor is now a yawning chasm and home ownership is but a dream for most young couples.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.