Translation of yawn in Spanish:
- Tinara opened her mouth to reply, but she suddenly put a hand to her mouth and yawned.
- Alexis felt a compelling need to yawn but as she opened her mouth the arm tightened.
- As it hits the back of your mouth or throat try yawning, as this action will open up your throat.
- 2(pit/hole/chasm) [literary]
- She would have to pass through great agony to become a part of the great yawning nothingness.
- Does one plug on, rounding out characters, filling in the yawning chasms in the plot?
- The void between rich and poor is now a yawning chasm and home ownership is but a dream for most young couples.
- 1 (action) she could not suppress a yawnno pudo reprimir un bostezoExample sentences
- Hugh Bradley was in the pool recently and said the two boys had yawns as wide as a hippopotamus' mouth.
- I tried not to show my boredom, but my yawns were coming quicker and quicker.
- And, since the good jokes don't come until the final third, a lot of yawns will have to be stifled.
- 2 (bore) [colloquial]plomo (masculine) [colloquial]rollazo (masculine) (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences
- How are you going to get big voter turnout when everybody seems to think these elections are a big yawn?
- Because the dirty little secret is that most Americans still greet the MLS with a big yawn.
- It happened 15 years ago and it's been either a big yawn or a big laugh ever since.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.