- (indeed, truly) [archaic]¡sin duda!Example sentences
- If we deny ourselves in anything, that our hearts stand strongly for, because it hinders us in holy courses, God will be sure to recompense us in spiritual things abundantly, yea, and in temporal things many times.
- And many were the prophets and spiritual guides, yea, countless were they: they sprang from the dust and to dust they returned.
- The Turks became such powerful political brokers in late 16th-century Europe that the French humanist Michel de Montaigne concluded that ‘the mightiest, yea the best settled estate that is now in the world is that of the Turkes’.
- (so, to this extent) (American English) [colloquial]yea high/wide/longasí de alto/ancho/largoExample sentences
- You're probably used to seeing the American armadillo, sometimes called the midget armadillo, which only grows to be about yay big.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to