Translation of zap in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-pp-)
- 1.1 (defeat, blast) [colloquial/familiar] liquidar [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 [Computing/Informática] eliminar, borrar
- No one is obliged to watch television and you can always zap between channels.
- Several talk of how they used to zap to another channel whenever politics came on television.
- I had nothing to do the night before a game and I was zapping between the channels.
- It's heaped full of chlorophyll, which zaps halitosis fast.
- Science has wiped out many killer diseases and may soon zap the rest.
- You need to have top-flight shooting skills to zap the constantly moving targets that are your enemy.
zap throughverb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento (finish) [colloquial/familiar] he zapped through the work in a morning despachó el trabajo en una mañana 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio [Television/Televisión] hacer* zapping
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.