Translation of zap in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-pp-)
- 1.1 (defeat, blast) [colloquial/familiar] liquidar [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 [Computing/Informática] eliminar, borrar
- No one is obliged to watch television and you can always zap between channels.
- Several talk of how they used to zap to another channel whenever politics came on television.
- I had nothing to do the night before a game and I was zapping between the channels.
- It's heaped full of chlorophyll, which zaps halitosis fast.
- Science has wiped out many killer diseases and may soon zap the rest.
- You need to have top-flight shooting skills to zap the constantly moving targets that are your enemy.
zap throughverb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento (finish) [colloquial/familiar] he zapped through the work in a morning despachó el trabajo en una mañana 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio [Television/Televisión] hacer* zapping
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.