Translation of lycée in English:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Lycée
A school providing secondary education for the three years after collège. The students enter the first year or seconde at the age of 15/16, then première, and finally complete the cycle in terminale at age 17/18, when they sit for the baccalauréat. As well as those which provide a conventional academic education, there are a number of different types of lycée offering a more vocationally-based education. → Baccalauréat
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries French
- French-English and English-French dictionary
- more than 910,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers French* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to French words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com