Translation of manier in English:
- 2 (utiliser)to handle (outil)to use (langue)manier l'ironie/le paradoxeto handle irony/paradox skilfully (anglais britannique)manier l'avironto pull the oarsto ply the oars [littéraire]manier l'épéeto wield the swordmanier l'aiguille avec dextéritéto be skilled at needleworkbien manier la plume/le pinceau [figuré]to be a good writer/painter
also: se manier verbe pronominal
- 2[populaire]= → magner
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries French
- French-English and English-French dictionary
- more than 910,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers French* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to French words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com