Translation of besuchen in English:
- 1visit (person)(weniger formell) go to see (person)gestern hat mich ein alter Bekannter besuchtyesterday an old friend came to see me or called on me
- 2visit (place)go to (exhibition, theatre, museum, etc.)(zur Besichtigung) go to see (church, exhibition, etc.)die Schule/Universität besuchengo to school/universityattend school/university [formal]hast du diese Ausstellung schon besucht?have you been to [see] this exhibition yet?er hat sämtliche Lokale der Umgebung besuchthe patronized all the pubs (British English) or (American English) bars in the neighbourhood→ besucht
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries German
- German-English and English-German dictionary
- more than 840,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers German* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to German words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com