Translation of accarezzare in English:
- 1 (persona)(come segno di affetto) to caress (persona, guancia, mano, capelli)accarezzare un gatto, un caneto stroke o pet a cat, dogaccarezzare qualcuno con lo sguardoto look at somebody lovingly o fondly
- 2 (sfiorare) [literal] (sole, vento, aria, luce)to caress (guancia, capelli)
- 3 (nutrire)to entertain (idea, sogno, speranza)to toy with (progetto)accarezzava la speranza di poter tornare al suo paesehe entertained the hope that he would be able to return to his country
also: accarezzarsi verbo pronominale
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*