Translation of asilo in English:
- 1 (Diritto) chiedere o cercare asilo politicoto seek political asylumdare asilo (politico) a qualcunoto give o grant somebody (political) asylumdiritto d'asilo
- 2(luogo di rifugio) refuge, sheltercercare asiloto seek refuge o shelteroffrire asilo per la notteto offer shelter for the nightdare asilo a qualcunoto give somebody shelter, to shelter somebodytrovare asilo presso qualcunoto find refuge o shelter in somebody's housetrovare asilo in una chiesato take o find sanctuary in a church
- 3(scuola materna) nursery school, kindergartenasilo nido asilo aziendaleworkplace crèche, company crèchemio figlio va all'asilo nidomy son is at the day nurserynon fare come i bambini dell'asilodon't be such a baby
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com