Translation of bandiera in English:
- 1 (Nautical)flag, ensign, colours plural (anche Military)bandiera di segnalazionesignal flagissare la bandierato hoist o run up a flagsventolare una bandierato wave a flagsull'ambasciata era issata la bandiera tedesca issare le -e a mezz'astato put flags at half-mastammainare la bandierato lower one's flag, to strike one's colourssu ogni edificio sventolava una bandiera giurare fedeltà alla bandierato pledge allegiance to the flagasta della bandiera compagnia di bandiera (Aviation) gol della bandiera= in football, the only goal scored by a team which was heavily defeatedsaluto alla bandierasalute to the colours o flag
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com