Translation of esaminare in English:
- 1 (studiare)to examine, to review (situazione)to examine, to investigate, to look into (questione, possibilità)to consider (caso, problema, offerta)to go over (fatti, lavoro)(giudice, giuria)esaminare da cima a fondo
to hear (caso, prove)to examine [something] in depthrespingere una domanda senza esaminarlato dismiss a request out of handbisogna esaminare la situazione più da vicinothe situation must be looked at more closely
- 2 (controllare)to examine, to inspect, to check (merci)to inspect (documento, prodotto)(osservare, guardare) to examine, to look atesaminare qualcosa con la lente d'ingrandimentoto look at something through a magnifying glassesaminare qualcosa al microscopioto examine something under a microscope
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com