Translation of privare in English:
- 1 (togliere)to deprive (di of)privare qualcuno di qualcosato deprive o rob somebody of somethingessere privato dito be deprived ofprivare qualcuno delle sue forze, energieto drain somebody of strength, energyprivare qualcuno del piacere di fareto deprive somebody of the pleasure of doingprivare qualcuno della libertàto deprive somebody of their freedomprivare qualcosa di ogni significatoto make something totally meaninglessprivare qualcuno della vitato take somebody's life
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com