Translation of riattaccare in English:
- 1(attaccare di nuovo) to reattach(allacciare di nuovo) to turn on [something] again (corrente)to reconnect (contatto)(ricucire) to sew [something] back on (bottone)(appendere di nuovo) to hang (up) [something] again (tende, quadro)(incollare di nuovo) to stick [something] on again (adesivo, etichetta, poster)(con la colla) to glue [something] on again (fogli)
- 2 (al telefono)riattaccare (la cornetta o il telefono)to hang up (the phone), to get off the line, to ring off (British English)riattaccare il telefono (in faccia) a qualcunoto hang up on somebodyaveva riattaccato male (il telefono)he didn't put the phone down properly, he didn't hang up properly
verbo intransitivo aus. avere
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com