Translation of ricoprire in English:
- 1 (coprire completamente)to cover (di with)la neve ricopriva il terrenosnow covered the groundricoprire dei mobili con delle fodereto cover furniture with dust sheetsgiornali, libri e vestiti sporchi ricoprivano il pavimentonewspapers, books and dirty clothes were strewn all over the floor
- 4 (esercitare una funzione)to hold, to fill (cariche, funzioni)ricoprire la carica di amministratoreto hold a directorship
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com