Translation of scommessa in English:
- 1 (Sport) una scommessa di due milionia two million betfare una scommessa in una corsato have a bet o gamble on a racepiazzare una scommessa suto place o put o lay a bet on (cane, cavallo)accettare -e suto keep a book onaprire le -e suto open o start a book onfare una scommessa su un cavallo piazzatoto place an each way bet on a horse, to make a place-betvincere alle -e dei cavallito have a win o to win a wager on the horsesfare qualcosa per scommessato do something for a betscommessa accettata! si accettano -e [figurative]bets are now being taken
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com