Translation of scuro in English:
- 1 (pelle, pelliccia, occhi, occhiali, fotografia)(colore)
dark, deep(tabacco)avere la pelle -a, i capelli -i
dark, blackto be dark-skinned, dark-haired, to have dark skin, hair“è richiesto l'abito scuro” un boccale di birra -aa pint of dark ale o stout
- 3 [figurative]gloomy, sombre (British English) somber (American English)con un'aria -awith a gloomy expressionscuro in voltowith a face like thunder, with a face as black as thunder
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*