Translation of envolver in English:
- 1 ¿se lo envuelvo?¿me lo puede envolver para regalo?shall I wrap it (up) for you?envolver algo/a alguiencould you gift wrap it?
enalgoenvolvió al niño en una mantato wrap something/somebody (up) insomethingshe wrapped the child (up) in a blanket
- 2 (rodear)(membrana/capa)(humo/tristeza)la niebla envolvía la ciudadun velo de misterio envuelve el casofog enveloped the citythe city was shrouded in fogun halo de santidad la envolvíathe case is cloaked o shrouded in mysteryshe seemed to be shrouded in o surrounded by an aura of saintliness
also: envolverse verbo pronominal
- Lo pueden envolver con papel celofán y llevarlo de regalo.
- Otra cosa es que los medios se dejen envolver.
- Yo uso el Perú 21 para envolver pescado para mi cachorra.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.