Translation of equivocar in English:
- 1.1(persona)ya me hiciste equivocarto make … make a mistaketo make … go wrongno me hables mientras cuento que me equivocasnow you've made me go wrong o make a mistakeI've made a mistake o gone wrong now because of you1.2 (elegir mal) See examples: equivocó el camino dedicándose a la enseñanzadon't talk to me while I'm counting, you'll make me go wrong o you'll put me off o you'll make me lose counthe chose the wrong career when he went in for teaching
also: equivocarse verbo pronominal
- (cometer un error)to make a mistake(estar en un error)te equivocas, no se lo dije a nadieto be wrong o mistakenme equivoqué con élyou're wrong o mistaken, I didn't tell anyoneequivocarseI was wrong about him
dealgome equivoqué de autobúses fácil equivocarse de calleI took the wrong busla reunión es el jueves, no te equivoques de díait's easy to go down/get the wrong streetme equivoqué de paraguas, este no es el míothe meeting's on Thursday, don't get the day wrongI picked up the wrong umbrella, this one isn't mine
- Pensando que, también, me he vuelto a equivocar.
- Yo mismo, cualquier otro, nos hemos equivocado y hemos pecado.
- Pero eso no significa que no se pueda equivocar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.