- 1 1.1 [asignatura] to study; (en la universidad) to study, read [formal] estudiaba inglés en una academia I used to study English at a language school estudia medicina en la universidad de Salamanca she's studying o doing o reading medicine at Salamanca university ¿qué carrera estudió? what subject did he do at college/university?, what did he study at college/university?, what (subject) did he take his degree in? 1.2 [Mús] [instrumento] to learn
- 2 [lección/tablas] to learn me tengo que poner a estudiar geografía para el examen I have to get down to studying o (AmE) reviewing o (BrE) revising geography for the test
- 3 (observar) to study estudia el comportamiento de las aves he studies the behavior of birds me di cuenta de que me estaba estudiando I realized that he was observing o watching o studying me
- to study este fin de semana tengo que estudiar para el examen this weekend I have to do some work o studying for the test o I have to review (AmE) o (BrE) revise for the test estudia en un colegio privado he goes to a private school a ver si este año estudias más I hope you're going to work harder this year tuvo que dejar de estudiar a los 15 años para ayudar a su madre she had to leave school at 15 to help her mother estudiar
paraalgo to study to be sth estudia para economista she's studying to be an economist no come nada, está estudiando para fideo [humorous/humorístico] she doesn't eat a thing, she's in training for the slimming olympics [humorous/humorístico]
estudiarse v pron
- 1.1 (enf) [lección] to study se estudió el papel en una tarde he learned his part in an afternoon 1.2 (recípr) (observarse) los dos niños se estudiaron largo rato the two children watched each other closely for a long time
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.