Translation of molestar in English:
- 1 1.1 (importunar) perdone que lo moleste, pero quisiera pedirle algo¿este señor la está molestando, señorita?sorry to trouble o bother you, but I'd like to ask you something1.2 (interrumpir) no la molestes, está estudiandois this man bothering you, Miss?que no me moleste nadie, voy a dormir un ratodon't disturb her, she's studyingdon't let anybody disturb me, I'm going to take a nap
- 1 (importunar) See examples: ¿no te molesta ese ruido?se ruega no molestardoesn't that noise bother you?¿le molesta si fumo? me molesta su arroganciaplease do not disturbya sabes que me molesta que hables de élher arrogance irritates o annoys menunca uso pulseras, me molestan para trabajaryou know I don't like you to talk about himyou know I get upset o it upsets me when you talk about himno me duele, pero me molestaI never wear bracelets, they get in the way when I'm workingsi le molesta mucho, puedo ponerle una inyecciónit doesn't hurt but it's uncomfortable o it bothers meif it's very sore o painful, I could give you an injection
- 2 (fastidiar)si vas a molestar, te vas de claseto be a nuisancevino a ayudar pero no hizo más que molestarif you're going to be a nuisance, you can leave the classroomson unos niños encantadores, nunca molestanhe came to help, but he just got in the way o made a nuisance of himselfno quiero molestarthey're lovely children, they're never any trouble o they're no trouble at allI don't want to be a nuisance o to get in the way o to cause any trouble
also: molestarse verbo pronominal
- 1 (disgustarse)no debes molestarte, lo hizo sin quererto get upsetmolestarsedon't get upset, he didn't mean to do it
poralgose molestó por algoespero que no se haya molestado por lo que le dijehe got upset about somethingmolestarseI hope you weren't upset o offended by what I said conalguiense molestó conmigo porque no lo invitéto get annoyed withsomebodyget cross(inglés británico) withsomebodyhe got annoyed o cross with me because I didn't invite himhe was put out o upset because I didn't invite him
- 2 (tomarse el trabajo)no se moleste, me voy enseguidatrouble oneself[formal]no se molesta por nadie, solo piensa en élit's all right o please, don't bother o don't worry, I'm just leaving¿para qué vas a molestarte?he doesn't bother o worry about anybody else, all he thinks about is himselfmolestarsewhy should you put yourself out?
en+ infinitivoni se molestó en llamarmese molestó en venir hasta aquí a avisarnoshe didn't even bother to call meyo no me voy a molestar en cocinar para ellosshe took the trouble to come o she went to the trouble of coming all this way to tell usI'm not going to put myself out cooking for them
- Y la comenzaron a molestar”, recuerda Flor María.
- Es un chico al cual molestan y es echado al exterior.
- Tal parece que Bayli no se molesto en leer su columna.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.