- 1 [plato] to make, prepare [comida] to prepare, get … ready [medicamento] to prepare, make up tengo que preparar la comida I have to get lunch ready o make lunch nos había preparado un postre riquísimo he had made a delicious dessert for us preparó la habitación para los invitados she prepared the room o got the room ready for the guests verás la sorpresa que te tengo preparada just wait till you see the surprise I've got (waiting) for you prepáreme la cuenta por favor can you draw up my check, please? (AmE) can you make up my bill, please? (BrE) terreno2 3
- 2 [examen/prueba] to prepare ha preparado la asignatura a fondo she's prepared the subject very thoroughly prepara su participación en los campeonatos he is training o preparing for the championships
- 3 [persona] (para un examen) to tutor, coach (BrE) (para un partido) to train, coach, prepare (para una tarea, un reto) to prepare no ha sabido preparar a los hijos para la vida he has failed to prepare his children for life ¿sabes quién la prepara para el examen? do you know who's tutoring o coaching her for the exam? antes de darle la noticia habrá que prepararla the news will have to be broken to her gently no estaba preparada para esa grata sorpresa she wasn't prepared for o expecting such a pleasant surprise
prepararse v pron
- 1 [tormenta] to brew se prepara una crisis en la zona there's a crisis brewing in the region
- 2 (refl) (disponerse) prepárate que me vas a escuchar just you listen to me! prepararse
paraalgo to get ready forsth se preparó para darle la mala noticia he got ready o prepared himself to give her the bad news
- 3 (refl) (formarse) to prepare se prepara para el examen de ingreso en la Universidad she's preparing for the University entrance examination se prepara para las Olimpiadas he is training o preparing for the Olympics no se ha preparado bien (para) la prueba she hasn't studied hard enough o done enough work for the test, she isn't well enough prepared for the test
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.