1. prospector ( a prospectus is a brochure advertising a school, enterprise. Etc.).
2. terra firma (terra firma means solid ground or dry land; terracotta is unglazed earthenware).
3. Fait accompli (a fait accompli is something that has been done and cannot be altered; a Fiat is a make of car).
4. contradiction (contradiction means denying the truth of something; contraception is the intentional prevention of pregnancy).
5. mascara (mascara is make-up used particularly to darken the eyelashes; cascara is a laxative).
6. antidote (an antidote is a medicine that counteracts a poison; an anecdote is a short account or story).
7. prostrate (prostrate means lying down; prostate is a gland in male bodies).
8. voracious (voracious means greedy or ravenous; veracious means truthful).
9. salvia (salvias are scarlet flowers; saliva is a liquid secreted in the mouth).
10. equilateral (equilateral means having all sides equal; equatorial means of or near the equator).
11. dilemma (someone on the horns of a dilemma is faced with equally unattractive alternatives; an enema is an injection into the rectum).
12. varicose veins (varicose veins are not necessarily close together: they are swollen).
Back to the questions
Challenge yourself with our other Slightly Harder Games: