Help with registering
If you are a new subscriber, you will need to register with Oxford Dictionaries to access your subscription and to set up a payment profile with PayPal.
Initial registration is free – you will just need an email address.
- You can use your email address as your username, or choose another name.
- Your username needs to be unique – if another user has already used the name, you will not be able to use it.
- Once you have created your account, your username cannot be changed.
- If you have logged in via Facebook or Google, your username will come up on your account page as “Facebook/Google – [your email address]”.
- If you already subscribe to an Oxford Online resource with the email address you would like to use for Oxford Dictionaries, you will need to use the same username as you do for your other Oxford Online resources.
Creating a password
- If you are a new subscriber, you will need to create a password. You can change your password on your account page.
- If you create an account linked to Facebook or Google, you won’t need to create a password as your login credentials for that site will allow you to access your account. You won’t be able to change your Facebook or Google password from your Oxford Dictionaries account page – you will need to do this from your Facebook or Google account.
We don’t store your payment details on the Oxford Dictionaries site. However, to protect your Oxford Dictionaries content from unauthorized access, we recommend that you use a strong password.
- A strong password is at least 7 characters long, with a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, symbols, and numbers, and doesn’t contain your name or complete dictionary words.
- If you subscribe to a number of Oxford Online products, you will need to use the same username and password to access all your resources.
- We recommend that you use a different password for your Oxford account from the one you use for your other online accounts (for example online shopping, banking, or PayPal).
If you’ve forgotten your password, you will be able to retrieve it here.