Libraries and Institutions
Institutional subscriptions are available for each Oxford Dictionaries Premium language module: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish – and for the Oxford English Dictionary (OED). To purchase a subscription for your institution, please contact your sales representative or use the contact details below.
Premium Oxford Dictionaries
- Oxford’s most comprehensive dictionaries and thesauruses of current English featuring more than 350,000 words and phrases, and more than 1.9 million example sentences
- Eight bilingual dictionaries: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, and Portuguese
- Language learning support, and additional grammar and usage resources including New Hart's Rules and the New Oxford Dictionary for Writers and Editors
- Annual updates for all languages
- Tablet and mobile-optimized design
- Ad-free browsing
Oxford English Dictionary Online
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) is the most authoritative and comprehensive record of the English language in the world, tracing the evolution and use of words over the past 1,000 years.
- More than 280,000 entries and 3.5 million quotations to show how words have been used over the history of the English language
- Also includes the Historical Thesaurus of the Oxford English Dictionary (HTOED) which allows users to explore themes, meanings, and ideas throughout the history of English
- Covers British, American, and other varieties of English, and all types of usage from formal to slang
- Updated four times a year with thousands of new and revised meanings
- Extensive online help with excellent customer and technical support.
Pricing and free trials
Please contact our customer services team for a quote or to set up a free trial for your institution.
Telephone: 1 (800) 624-0153
UK and ROW
Telephone: +44 (0) 1865 353705